In modern world where nothing is possible without emails, Microsoft Outlook is an undisputed king when it comes to online communication. For emailing, Outlook is the first choice of every user. We are very well aware of Outlook email client. Well, your favorite Outlook is more than just an email client. It is your personal information manager which contains features more than just emailing, such as task manager, calendar, notes, journal, contacts, and browsing. Outlook is the important part of Microsoft Office, a well-known MS Office suite. It also comes as another application.
It is used widely as a standalone application for emailing. It is commonly used with Exchange Server in large enterprises and organizations for multiple workstations. With Microsoft Exchange Server, one can share mailbox data with each other. Users can also work offline in MS Outlook if internet is not available. It creates copy of its mailbox data on local system, known as Outlook Storage Table (OST). If you are not connected to server, it stores mailbox items in a data file, Personal Storage Table (PST).
Why You Should Convert OST into PST?
It often becomes important to convert OST data into PST. Here are some of the common reasons –
- Mailbox goes inaccessible because of Exchange Server crash. Though you can work in offline mode with OST file, it is not possible to sync with Exchange Server. If you urgently have to access mailbox to make changes, you can convert OST file into PST.
- Regular maintenance needs for Exchange Server are another reason. During the process, you cannot use Exchange Server. It often becomes important to access mailbox which cannot be possible for the maintenance of Exchange Server. To access mailbox items, you can import file into MS Outlook.
- If you switch from one organization, you have to convert OST into PST. Your Outlook account is connected to your company’s server. After few months, you have to resign from the company to join another one. Since you left your company, the administrator has deleted your account. Though you have OST data, you cannot use them without having connection to Exchange Server. In that case, it is better to convert your OST files into PST format to continue using your old data.
- If your important data has recently been removed, you can recover them only with OST to PST conversion.
- Corruption is another major reason behind OST to PST conversion. No OST repair tool is reliable that comes for free in the market to repair your corrupt OST files. So, you have to convert OST to PST files.
Converting OST to PST File Manually – Step by Step Guide
Outlook has Import & Export feature which is known to be the ideal way to export mailbox items.
- On the top of MS Outlook, click File menu, then “Open” and go to “Import”
- When “Import and Export Wizard” is opened, choose “Export to a file”. Then click “Next”.
- Choose “Outlook Data File” in the list and click “Next”
- Choose mailbox folder to export. You can also add subfolders.
- Now you have to define location to save new PST file. Click “Finish” to start process
Within few minutes, process is done.
If you still not able to do this, you can use a third party application like OST to PST Converter tool. There is no technical skill is required to access this application. This tool not only convert ost to pst file as well as recover deleted emails. Go through a Free trial version and use it. Free trial version will show you the preview of converted data. If you feel that tool is working for your then you need to purchase the full version license.
Now a Days Microsoft Exchange Server is the most usable emailing server as compare to other email server. From last two decade Microsoft updated their Exchange Server version from Exchange Server 4.0 to Exchange Server 2013. Every updated version has some new features. So, all organization wants to use the latest version of MS Exchange Server version. The latest updated version helps to improve the performance of our email account.
Here we will guide you, step by step how to Migrate Mailbox from One Exchange Server to Another Exchange Server. But before discuss the procedure of Exchange Server Migration; we’ll know the features of MS Exchange 2010 over 2003, and the key reasons why we do need to migrate the Public Folders of Exchange Server 2003 to 2010.
So first we start with its features, let’s check it-
Features of MS Exchange 2003:
This version of Microsoft Exchange has enhanced disaster recovery, and letting administrators to bring server online rapidly.
This version has the ability to drop inbound e-mail before being fully processed.
Exchange 2003 has enhanced message and mailbox management tools.
It has also added several basic filtering methods such as Intelligent Message filter, Sender ID filtering, Connection filtering, and Recipient filtering.
Features of MS Exchange 2010:
MS Exchange 2010 has many new features like:
DAG(Database Availability Group) which provides database level high availability and accessibility.
CAS(Client Access Server) availability is provided by using CAS arrays.
RPC Client Access, this service facilitates all Outlook clients to access their mailbox database.
Personal Archive feature is available.
Exchange Server 2010 has also added ‘Shadow Redundancy’ feature which protects e-mails messages while they are in transit.
Here are some common reasons when we need to do the migration of public folders in Exchange Server –
- First, sometime it can be seen that clients Outlook versions are not upgraded. So the Outlook 2003 and previous versions require a Public Folder database for storing and distributing the data.
- Secondly, some third party applications require public folders to work.
So, to fix the limitations of previous Outlook versions, we migrate public folders in Exchange Server. Here is the method to migrate private folders which is divided into two steps,
- Copying Exchange 2003 public folders to Exchange 2010, and
- Moving Exchange 2003 public folders to Exchange Server 2010.
Step 1 : Firstly, copy Exchange 2003 Public Folders to Exchange 2010, then
Add the Exchange 2010 server as Public Folder in collaboration with Exchange 2003 server Public Folders and execute the following command:
From the Exchange 2010 server: .\AddReplicaToPFRecursive.ps1 -server “Exchange 2010 Server” -TopPublicFolder “\” -ServerToAdd “Exchange 2010 Server”
# If you want to migrate multiple public folders into MS Exchange 2010 server. Then repeat the above command to all of them.
Now, by using the Exchange 2003 System Manager, copy the Exchange 2003 Public Folder hierarchy & content to Exchange 2010 server. And then execute the following command:
From the Exchange 2010 server: Update-PublicFolderHierarchy -Server “Exchange 2010 Server”
Step 2 : Now move all replicas from Exchange 2003 to Exchange 2010 through “move all replicas” which actually eliminate the Exchange 2003 replicas.
To move all Exchange 2003 replicas to Exchange 2010, this will essentially eliminate the Exchange 2003 replicas. Execute the following command:
From the Exchange 2010 server: .\MoveAllReplicas.ps1 -Server “Exchange 2003 Server” -NewServer “Exchange 2010 Server”
However, in some drastic situation if you find that the migration of public folders between the Exchange 2003 and 2010 is not possible, it may be due to the corruption or damage of public folders. To get rid of this situation, a third party software can be used to prevent the data lose. Here to see the most prominent Exchange recovery software which not only recover Exchange user’s mailbox & data but also repair damaged EDB files and corrupted Mailboxes. You just try the Free Version to Get the Results.
QuickBooks Recovery software is strategically designed repair and restores damaged or corrupt QBW files. It helps you to get all the important accounting and financial data back. With QuickBooks Recovery tool it is possible to get all the inaccessible but important data of your business/work such as transactions, Employees, Customers, Vendors and services. This software has efficient and powerful algorithm to restore corrupt or damaged QBW files back quickly. QuickBooks Recovery software supports all QuickBooks editions from 2014 to quick book edition of 2007. It also recovers QBW databases from different editions such as like QuickBooks pro, Premier, Simple Start and Enterprise editions.
It is very easy to use quick book database recovery software to restore corrupt and damaged files. Steps of using this software is mentioned below:-
- First ‘Select Files’ which you want to repair and restore.
- Now select “search file” option and find all QuickBooks files. Once your search is completed, double click on the file option and scan it.
- When Scanning is done, choose the files or data you want to recover. After getting the preview and click on “Recover” button.
- Now you have to choose your existing version of QuickBooks and repair QBW files. Now click on “Start” to begin the process.
- Once all repairing is done, then QuickBooks Recovery tool will restore all files on your computer or laptop. .
All QuickBooks database recovery software is Compatible with all Windows editions such as windows 8, windows 7, windows Vista, Server 2003, windows XP, and windows 2000.
These QuickBooks database recovery software has flowing features:-
- It Recover all type of Objects:- Enterprise Solutions 9.0, 8.0 and 7.0 of QuickBooks Recovery tool efficiently recovers and restore all QuickBooks objects such as Customers List, Item list, shipping method list, Vendor List, employee list, Customer Type List, Payment Method List, Shipping Method List, Class List, Payment Terms List, Budget, Timer List, , Price Level List , Sales Rep List, Job Type List, Sales Tax Code List and Chart of Accounts.
- It recovers all type of Transactions: – it is capable to perform recovery of all types of QuickBooks Transactions like Credit Card transactions, vendor bills, account beginning balances, vendor bill refunds, cash sales and refunds to customers, statement charge, estimates, invoices, deposit, general journal entries, item receipt, and many more.
- It Displays the Preview of Files to be recovered: – this software previews the damaged and corrupt data. So you can easily select those files you want to retrieve back.
- It Creates and Saves Reports: – for each repairing and recovery operation, this software generates a log report and saves its details as back up files. You can use this back up data for your future reference.
- User Friendly software: – this software is very easy to us. From installation to operation all process are done in few minutes. Without any complex technical knowledge you can easily use this software.
User can download this application from here: Free to Try
A MDB database is a file that is used to store a large amount of data and the manipulation in the stored data and information according to the requirements is called database management system. This database management includes managing, storing, and organizing a large amount of data. This data can be edited or modified whenever required.
Microsoft Access is software which helps you to manage complex data and data with frequently undergoes changes. Because of handling large amounts of data and their frequently changes data the MDB file can be corrupt. When you are faced with an unrecognized database format error or face problems in opening an Access database you can be sure that there is some corruption occurred in the MDB Access database system. If you don’t recover corrupted data it can be reach up to that levels where it is not possible to fix the corruption and recover all the data. There are a few ways in which you can repair corrupt MDB database so you can prevent your data from loss or loss can be minimized.
- You can take back up of all your MDB dates. This backup is independent from your previous backups so you can assure that you have a copy of all the uncorrupt data so that in combination with the other backups.
- Rename the backup file.
- Now rename the corrupt MDB file which indicates it’s a corrupt version.
- Now you can You can backup the mdb file copying this file to another folder, or can copy the file to backup media such as a writable CD-ROM, zip disk or tape drive
- If your recovered MDB data is also corrupted because of incorrect configuration or due to faulty media; in this case you can use powerful third-party solutions like Advanced Access Repair software to repair your MDB Access database. This software’s can quickly scan the files, even from faulty media corruption folders and identify the corrupt parts then repair and restore them from the corrupt files.
- Fr this first Check the ‘Date Modified’ of the backup file to determine when it was last accessed or opened. Now go to Microsoft Explorer or My Computer, right click on the mdb file and choose the ‘properties’. Here you can see a ‘Modified’ date. This is the date when your MDB database file was accessed. This indicate how old the backup is
- Microsoft Access provides you a very easy solution to fix most corrupted MDB database Access files. The Compact and Repair tool can easily repair corrupt objects also fix corrupt indexes. You have to follow this steps:-
- Close the current database.
- Go to the Tools menu, point to Database Utilities, and the option click Repair Database.
- Now specify the name and location of the database you want to repair, and click Repair.
- Now create a clean database from the recovered file.
- You can use Jet Comp repair utility to recover corrupt MDB database. Even it can repair those data which can not be repaired or recovered from the compact and repair utility tool. You can easily download Jet comp repair utility from Microsoft download center.
If you are not comfortable with above process, i strongly recommend you to try third party application. With the help of this application you can repair your data in just few clicks. Go through free version to repair access database.
There are various methods to repair corrupted SQL server database. Some of them are mentioned below:-
- Use ALTER database to move database:- to repair corrupted SQL server database you can the ALTER DATABASE statement to move any system file or user-defined database file except for Resource database files. To move those files, you have to specify the current logical name of the file and the new file path. You can move only one file at a time in this manner.
- Using a fail-safe operator: – you can use fail safe operator if SQL Server Agent cannot access system tables in the msdb database and all alert messages have failed or designated officers are off duty.
- You can Create Server Groups to Manage SQL Server. For this you have to go to SQL Server Management Studio, where you can see the registered servers by pressing Ctrl+Alt+G. Now you can Use the Registered Servers toolbar to select the top-level group. If you want to divide top level group into sub groups you can use double click on local server group nodes and repeat the process. Then Right-click the group name for where you want to locate this new server group, and press ok. In the New Server Group Properties dialog box, type a name and description of new group in the box and Click OK.
- You can configure SQL Server Agent by restarting the SQL Server and SQL Server Agent services automatically if they stop unexpectedly.
- By using window power shell:- To work with SQL Server via Windows Power Shell, first open a Command Prompt window and then start SQL Server Power Shell by typing sqlps at the command line. You have to use following syntax to recover your desired file:-
Invoke-Sqlcmd [-ServerInstance ServerStringOrObject]
[-Database DatabaseName] [-EncryptConnection]
[-Username UserName] [-Password Password]
[[-Query] QueryString] [-DedicatedAdministratorConnection]
Database- name of file
Encrypt Connection – Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption
Username- login ID for making a SQL Server authentication
Password – the SQL Server Authentication login ID that is specified in username
Query- shows one or more queries to be run such as T-SQL queries, X-Query statements, or SQLCMD commands.
- By configuring remote server connection you can determine whether servers can connect to the server or not.
- For additional memory you can use server memory configuration settings. Here server will allocate additional memory for index creation operations and if additional memory is needed but not available, index creation will use the memory already allocated to perform index creation.
- By determining server and system information of SQL you can repair SQL data base. For this you should know edition of SQL Server and its version, Operating system version, default language, number of CPU and their associated RAMs, root directory location for selected database and default server collation.
- You can replace the ALTER DATABASE statement with sp_dboption stored procedure; as the preferred way to change database settings.
- By using New SQL Server Utility and Utility Control Points you can restore the data.
If you still face any problem with sql database, i would strongly recommend SQL Database Recovery software, this tool repair your database in just few clicks, No technical skill is required to access this software. Just Go through Free Trial version to repair SQL Database. You can download this application from here at free of cost.
If your Microsoft outlook is troubling & you are not able to open your outlook emails that means your .pst files are either corrupt or damage. To overcome such situation you need to undergo few steps. Firstly you need to diagnose the problem occurring & repair those errors in the file, you can use Free Inbox Repair tool (scanpst.exe) for the same provided by Microsoft. This Inbox Repair tool can scan Outlook Data files (.pst) file & can find the problem & overcome it.
Inbox Repair tool have Scanpst.exe file installed on your computer when you install Microsoft Outlook 2010 which is efficient to analyze any problems & troubleshoot it by resetting the data file structure.
You can follow these simple steps
- Open Windows Explorer & go through these path
: \Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE14 folder.
- Then Double-click on Scanpst.exe.
- Now Enter the name of the .pst file you want to scan in the dialog box, or you can click Browse to select desire file
- Then Click Start to start the scan process.
- If it finds any error in the process of scanning, system will provide you a prompt message to start the repair process to fix the errors.
A backup file is created during this repair process. To change the default name or location of this backup file, user should enter name of backup file box, write the name of desired file or simply click Browse to select the file that you want to use.
- Click on the Repair button.
- Start Outlook with the profile that contains the .pst file that you tried to repair.
- Now click on Folder List available in the navigation Pane.
In this Folder List, you can see Recovered Personal Folders Option which contains your default Outlook folders or a Lost and Found folder which contains the folders and files recovered by the Inbox Repair tool.
From there you can create an Outlook Data File (.pst), and drag the items in the Lost and Found folder. When you are finished moving all the items, you can remove the Recovered Personal Folders (.pst) file, including the Lost and Found folder, from your profile.
But you must know if you are have been successfully open and recovered original Outlook Data File (.pst), now you are able to recover all additional items from your damaged .pst file. By default, the Inbox Repair tool creates itself a duplicate file of the same name, but this file has been saved as file extension of .bak files. The .bak file is located in the same folder with your original .pst file. In this way you are able to recover items from the .bak file that the Inbox Repair tool could not recover. Now Make a copy of the .bak file, and can rename it as a .pst extension, such as bak.pst. You can drag the bak.pst file to desktop, and then move all additional recovered items to this new .pst file. This copy of the log file is saved to the same folder as the .pst file.
Above process will take some time and required some technical skill. If you want to skip all this process and repair pst file smoothly, Go through this third party application. You just try free version to recover pst emails. You can download this application from here:
Sometimes when you want to check your emails you have to face some errors like, unable to open outlook window or invalid XML or cannot start Microsoft office outlook. For this entire error occurrence you receive this message:-
The file drive:\path\file name.pst could not be found.
Main reason of this error occurrence is, if Microsoft outlook delivers all your emails to a personal folders (.pst) file, and:-
• Server is unavailable when outlook delivers your email to the .pst file.
• If your .pst are corrupted and Microsoft outlook cannot locate you’re delivered emails
Later when you click OK in this error message, you find Create/Open Personal Folders File written dialog box of outlook. There are following reasons which are related to error occurrences:-
1. If there is any problem in internet connection or in case of no internet connection; you cannot send or receive emails or find any of you important data.
2. In case server cannot be find. You will receive Error Number: 0x800ccc0d and
Account: account name, POPserver:’mail’
3. If your internet connection has been interrupted continuously. You will find
Task ‘server name – Sending and Receiving’ reported error (0x800ccc0f):
To avoid this error you need to contact the server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).
4. In case your internet connection is unexpectedly terminated the connection by the service provider, you have to go through some possible errors which also include network problem, server problems. If you have not been used your internet connection for long time this type of error can be occur in your system. In this case you will see
Account. account name,
Server: ‘server name’,
Server Response: ‘+OK’,
Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800ccc0f.
5. In case if your Microsoft outlook is unable to connect with your outgoing STMP, email server. In this case you receive this message again and again:-
Task ‘SMTP server name – Sending and Receiving’ reported error (0x80042109):
To resolve this error you need to contact your email service provider or service administrator
6. If your server takes long time to receive (POP); you will find the message “operation timed out”. To avoid this error user need to Increase time-out setting of the server.
7. A time-out error can occur if user is communicating with the server 0x800ccc19. User need to Increase the s time-out setting to avoid such error.
8. If you are using a Post Office Protocol 3 (POP3) e-mail account to send or receive e-mail messages in you can find unknown error 0x800CCC0B;
9. If you are using POP3 email account service for communicating you will find error occurrence due to Sending and Receiving’ reported error (0x800CCC0B): ‘Unknown Error from Task’machine.domain.
10. In case of receiving 0x8007000c error code you have to run the MAPI Repair Tool to resolve this problem.
11. In case of Error 0x800C013b occurrence, you have to Re-create sent items .dbx file.
12. You can receive Error code: 0x8004210b; you have to check distribution list and Verify SMTP email addresses of this list.
Because of these errors you cannot receive or send email messages from Microsoft outlook.
To resolve all such errors you can use this third party application. Go through Free version to recover your emails.