Convert OLM to PST Manually – An Easy Step-by-Step GuidePosted: January 11, 2018
Email conversion certainly becomes an essential need if you’re switching from one email client to another. Microsoft provides both of the outlook system these are Outlook for Mac as well as Outlook for Windows. Even as both outlooks have the same features and functions too, but their file formats are different. These Email clients stores data or instructions in different file format such as email messages, calendars, contacts, tasks, notes, tasks, appointments, journals as well as attachments.
Notice: OLM file cannot be open in any version of Windows Outlook. It is only understand PST format. If the user would not have the knowledge of the manual process then, don’t try this procedure. Because if you haven’t the technical knowledge then the manual method is failed. For execute them, you should have to sound knowledge. That’s why this method creates the complexity in the work.
So let’s come to know how to import an OLM file to Windows Outlook in a safe manner, such as without causing any damage or data loss.
Need of OLM to PST conversion:
Here we will discuss that why we need to import OLM to PST,
You were switched on the Mac Outlook previously, but now recently you are using Windows Outlook. Now have need of OLM file in your recent Windows Outlook.
You received an OLM file from another client; you are unable to open this file in your recent Windows outlook while you don’t have Outlook for Mac.
Sometimes, you need to convert OLM to PST format due to any reason. The best solution one can try is professional OLM to PST Converter software. But before using any such paid solution, you should try an easy manual trick to import OLM to Windows Outlook. How? First, you need to setup an IMAP (Internet Message Access Protocol) mail account. This will help you transfer email messages and other content from Mac Outlook to Windows Outlook.
Simple Way to Setup IMAP Email Account:
It is very simple and easy to create an IMAP account and Gmail is the best option to creating an IMAP account. After the account create, just logged in it and follow the steps.
- Click Gear button at the right side of the upper corner. Click Settings to go the setting page.
- At the settings page click Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab shows at the top.
- Check the IMAP status. If it’s disabled, enable it and click Save Changes
- This will create an IMAP mail account. Now you need to create Mac Outlook with your IMAP mail account.
- Open Outlook for Mac., go to Tools >> Accounts.
- On the accounts page, click Email.
- Now you need to enter your account information. Type your Email address, Password, and other information. Click Add Account
- This will successfully add the IMAP mail account.
- After this, you need to create a Gmail label to synchronize it to the Mac Outlook. To do this, just follow the steps given below:
- Login Gmail account. Click the Gear button a list will be scrolled down. Click Settings to go to the settings page.
- On the settings page, click Labels tab at the top.
- You need to create a new label. To do this, click Create new label
Note: Make sure the label is shown and the Show in IMAP box is checked.
- Right after this, you need to go to your Mac Outlook and update the IMAP mailbox by clicking on the Send/Receive
Limitations of this manual solution:
- Little risky
- Requires a sound technical knowledge
- Ineffective if OLM files are corrupt
These are few common drawbacks of this manual solution of importing OLM data from Mac Outlook to Windows Outlook.
If you are still not able to do this, you can use a third party application like OLM to PST Converter tool. There is no technical skill is required to access this application. This tool not only convert olm to pst file as well as recover deleted emails. Go through a Free trial version and use it. Free trial version will show you the preview of converted data. If you feel that tool is working for your then you need to purchase the full version license. Download Free Trial version: