A MDB database is a file that is used to store a large amount of data and the manipulation in the stored data and information according to the requirements is called database management system. This database management includes managing, storing, and organizing a large amount of data. This data can be edited or modified whenever required.
Microsoft Access is software which helps you to manage complex data and data with frequently undergoes changes. Because of handling large amounts of data and their frequently changes data the MDB file can be corrupt. When you are faced with an unrecognized database format error or face problems in opening an Access database you can be sure that there is some corruption occurred in the MDB Access database system. If you don’t recover corrupted data it can be reach up to that levels where it is not possible to fix the corruption and recover all the data. There are a few ways in which you can repair corrupt MDB database so you can prevent your data from loss or loss can be minimized.
- You can take back up of all your MDB dates. This backup is independent from your previous backups so you can assure that you have a copy of all the uncorrupt data so that in combination with the other backups.
- Rename the backup file.
- Now rename the corrupt MDB file which indicates it’s a corrupt version.
- Now you can You can backup the mdb file copying this file to another folder, or can copy the file to backup media such as a writable CD-ROM, zip disk or tape drive
- If your recovered MDB data is also corrupted because of incorrect configuration or due to faulty media; in this case you can use powerful third-party solutions like Advanced Access Repair software to repair your MDB Access database. This software’s can quickly scan the files, even from faulty media corruption folders and identify the corrupt parts then repair and restore them from the corrupt files.
- Fr this first Check the ‘Date Modified’ of the backup file to determine when it was last accessed or opened. Now go to Microsoft Explorer or My Computer, right click on the mdb file and choose the ‘properties’. Here you can see a ‘Modified’ date. This is the date when your MDB database file was accessed. This indicate how old the backup is
- Microsoft Access provides you a very easy solution to fix most corrupted MDB database Access files. The Compact and Repair tool can easily repair corrupt objects also fix corrupt indexes. You have to follow this steps:-
- Close the current database.
- Go to the Tools menu, point to Database Utilities, and the option click Repair Database.
- Now specify the name and location of the database you want to repair, and click Repair.
- Now create a clean database from the recovered file.
- You can use Jet Comp repair utility to recover corrupt MDB database. Even it can repair those data which can not be repaired or recovered from the compact and repair utility tool. You can easily download Jet comp repair utility from Microsoft download center.
If you are not comfortable with above process, i strongly recommend you to try third party application. With the help of this application you can repair your data in just few clicks. Go through free version to repair access database.
There are various methods to repair corrupted SQL server database. Some of them are mentioned below:-
- Use ALTER database to move database:- to repair corrupted SQL server database you can the ALTER DATABASE statement to move any system file or user-defined database file except for Resource database files. To move those files, you have to specify the current logical name of the file and the new file path. You can move only one file at a time in this manner.
- Using a fail-safe operator: – you can use fail safe operator if SQL Server Agent cannot access system tables in the msdb database and all alert messages have failed or designated officers are off duty.
- You can Create Server Groups to Manage SQL Server. For this you have to go to SQL Server Management Studio, where you can see the registered servers by pressing Ctrl+Alt+G. Now you can Use the Registered Servers toolbar to select the top-level group. If you want to divide top level group into sub groups you can use double click on local server group nodes and repeat the process. Then Right-click the group name for where you want to locate this new server group, and press ok. In the New Server Group Properties dialog box, type a name and description of new group in the box and Click OK.
- You can configure SQL Server Agent by restarting the SQL Server and SQL Server Agent services automatically if they stop unexpectedly.
- By using window power shell:- To work with SQL Server via Windows Power Shell, first open a Command Prompt window and then start SQL Server Power Shell by typing sqlps at the command line. You have to use following syntax to recover your desired file:-
Invoke-Sqlcmd [-ServerInstance ServerStringOrObject]
[-Database DatabaseName] [-EncryptConnection]
[-Username UserName] [-Password Password]
[[-Query] QueryString] [-DedicatedAdministratorConnection]
Database- name of file
Encrypt Connection – Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption
Username- login ID for making a SQL Server authentication
Password – the SQL Server Authentication login ID that is specified in username
Query- shows one or more queries to be run such as T-SQL queries, X-Query statements, or SQLCMD commands.
- By configuring remote server connection you can determine whether servers can connect to the server or not.
- For additional memory you can use server memory configuration settings. Here server will allocate additional memory for index creation operations and if additional memory is needed but not available, index creation will use the memory already allocated to perform index creation.
- By determining server and system information of SQL you can repair SQL data base. For this you should know edition of SQL Server and its version, Operating system version, default language, number of CPU and their associated RAMs, root directory location for selected database and default server collation.
- You can replace the ALTER DATABASE statement with sp_dboption stored procedure; as the preferred way to change database settings.
- By using New SQL Server Utility and Utility Control Points you can restore the data.
If you still face any problem with sql database, i would strongly recommend SQL Database Recovery software, this tool repair your database in just few clicks, No technical skill is required to access this software. Just Go through Free Trial version to repair SQL Database. You can download this application from here at free of cost.