Email conversion certainly becomes an essential need if you’re switching from one email client to another. Microsoft provides both of the outlook system these are Outlook for Mac as well as Outlook for Windows. Even as both outlooks have the same features and functions too, but their file formats are different. These Email clients stores data or instructions in different file format such as email messages, calendars, contacts, tasks, notes, tasks, appointments, journals as well as attachments.
Notice: OLM file cannot be open in any version of Windows Outlook. It is only understand PST format. If the user would not have the knowledge of the manual process then, don’t try this procedure. Because if you haven’t the technical knowledge then the manual method is failed. For execute them, you should have to sound knowledge. That’s why this method creates the complexity in the work.
So let’s come to know how to import an OLM file to Windows Outlook in a safe manner, such as without causing any damage or data loss.
Need of OLM to PST conversion:
Here we will discuss that why we need to import OLM to PST,
You were switched on the Mac Outlook previously, but now recently you are using Windows Outlook. Now have need of OLM file in your recent Windows Outlook.
You received an OLM file from another client; you are unable to open this file in your recent Windows outlook while you don’t have Outlook for Mac.
Sometimes, you need to convert OLM to PST format due to any reason. The best solution one can try is professional OLM to PST Converter software. But before using any such paid solution, you should try an easy manual trick to import OLM to Windows Outlook. How? First, you need to setup an IMAP (Internet Message Access Protocol) mail account. This will help you transfer email messages and other content from Mac Outlook to Windows Outlook.
Simple Way to Setup IMAP Email Account:
It is very simple and easy to create an IMAP account and Gmail is the best option to creating an IMAP account. After the account create, just logged in it and follow the steps.
- Click Gear button at the right side of the upper corner. Click Settings to go the setting page.
- At the settings page click Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab shows at the top.
- Check the IMAP status. If it’s disabled, enable it and click Save Changes
- This will create an IMAP mail account. Now you need to create Mac Outlook with your IMAP mail account.
- Open Outlook for Mac., go to Tools >> Accounts.
- On the accounts page, click Email.
- Now you need to enter your account information. Type your Email address, Password, and other information. Click Add Account
- This will successfully add the IMAP mail account.
- After this, you need to create a Gmail label to synchronize it to the Mac Outlook. To do this, just follow the steps given below:
- Login Gmail account. Click the Gear button a list will be scrolled down. Click Settings to go to the settings page.
- On the settings page, click Labels tab at the top.
- You need to create a new label. To do this, click Create new label
Note: Make sure the label is shown and the Show in IMAP box is checked.
- Right after this, you need to go to your Mac Outlook and update the IMAP mailbox by clicking on the Send/Receive
Limitations of this manual solution:
- Little risky
- Requires a sound technical knowledge
- Ineffective if OLM files are corrupt
These are few common drawbacks of this manual solution of importing OLM data from Mac Outlook to Windows Outlook.
If you are still not able to do this, you can use a third party application like OLM to PST Converter tool. There is no technical skill is required to access this application. This tool not only convert olm to pst file as well as recover deleted emails. Go through a Free trial version and use it. Free trial version will show you the preview of converted data. If you feel that tool is working for your then you need to purchase the full version license. Download Free Trial version:
OST to PST Converter software is help you to convert OST file to PST but also convert OST file data into MSG, EML, DBX, MBOX and HTML format. It can repair existing as well as deleted OST file and repair file in three different modes such as: Standard Mode, Advanced Mode and Deep Mode.
Features of OST to PST Converter software:
- It can easily converts exchange OST file into PST file
- Enables Compaction and Splitting of the Converted PST file
- Exports the converted files to live Exchange Server
- It saves the converted file in Office 365, DBX, MBOX, MSG, EML, RTF, HTML, & PDF formats
- Supports MS Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, 2003, 2002, 2000
- This tool converts OST file to PST within a time
In addition, users can also retrieve email properties like to, from, date, time and subject. This tool accurately repairs and converts OST to PST file along-with email attachments, appointments, contacts, posts, tasks, calendars, meeting requests, journals, notes, etc. It gives you authority to see preview of their recovered OST files before conversion and convert them into new readable PST files without facing any problems.
Some of the reasons, when it becomes necessary to import ost into pst file:
- This is an effective way to migrate data from OST to PST by doing it automatically than trying to do it. This is useful when server has maintenance or crash or any other issues. OST to PST Converter Software restores offline OST file and opens offline OST file email into MS Outlook mailbox.
- MS-Exchange server can unexpectedly crash due to power failure, malicious software, virus attacks, or any other reason. A severe crash could land you nowhere as you might not be able to connect to the MS Exchange Server.
- While working with an MS Outlook client, you might come across the following error messages.
- By converting OST to PST file format, the data can be recovered even after deletion of user mailboxes on the Exchange server.
- Since OST files are the offline storage files, which let you send/receive and delete emails even when it is not connected to Exchange Server.Demo Version:Here is the demo version of the OST to PST Converter Software. For further information about OST to PST conversion, Use Free Trial Version. Download Now.
In modern world where nothing is possible without emails, Microsoft Outlook is an undisputed king when it comes to online communication. For emailing, Outlook is the first choice of every user. We are very well aware of Outlook email client. Well, your favorite Outlook is more than just an email client. It is your personal information manager which contains features more than just emailing, such as task manager, calendar, notes, journal, contacts, and browsing. Outlook is the important part of Microsoft Office, a well-known MS Office suite. It also comes as another application.
It is used widely as a standalone application for emailing. It is commonly used with Exchange Server in large enterprises and organizations for multiple workstations. With Microsoft Exchange Server, one can share mailbox data with each other. Users can also work offline in MS Outlook if internet is not available. It creates copy of its mailbox data on local system, known as Outlook Storage Table (OST). If you are not connected to server, it stores mailbox items in a data file, Personal Storage Table (PST).
Why You Should Convert OST into PST?
It often becomes important to convert OST data into PST. Here are some of the common reasons –
- Mailbox goes inaccessible because of Exchange Server crash. Though you can work in offline mode with OST file, it is not possible to sync with Exchange Server. If you urgently have to access mailbox to make changes, you can convert OST file into PST.
- Regular maintenance needs for Exchange Server are another reason. During the process, you cannot use Exchange Server. It often becomes important to access mailbox which cannot be possible for the maintenance of Exchange Server. To access mailbox items, you can import file into MS Outlook.
- If you switch from one organization, you have to convert OST into PST. Your Outlook account is connected to your company’s server. After few months, you have to resign from the company to join another one. Since you left your company, the administrator has deleted your account. Though you have OST data, you cannot use them without having connection to Exchange Server. In that case, it is better to convert your OST files into PST format to continue using your old data.
- If your important data has recently been removed, you can recover them only with OST to PST conversion.
- Corruption is another major reason behind OST to PST conversion. No OST repair tool is reliable that comes for free in the market to repair your corrupt OST files. So, you have to convert OST to PST files.
Converting OST to PST File Manually – Step by Step Guide
Outlook has Import & Export feature which is known to be the ideal way to export mailbox items.
- On the top of MS Outlook, click File menu, then “Open” and go to “Import”
- When “Import and Export Wizard” is opened, choose “Export to a file”. Then click “Next”.
- Choose “Outlook Data File” in the list and click “Next”
- Choose mailbox folder to export. You can also add subfolders.
- Now you have to define location to save new PST file. Click “Finish” to start process
Within few minutes, process is done.
If you still not able to do this, you can use a third party application like OST to PST Converter tool. There is no technical skill is required to access this application. This tool not only convert ost to pst file as well as recover deleted emails. Go through a Free trial version and use it. Free trial version will show you the preview of converted data. If you feel that tool is working for your then you need to purchase the full version license.
Now a Days Microsoft Exchange Server is the most usable emailing server as compare to other email server. From last two decade Microsoft updated their Exchange Server version from Exchange Server 4.0 to Exchange Server 2013. Every updated version has some new features. So, all organization wants to use the latest version of MS Exchange Server version. The latest updated version helps to improve the performance of our email account.
Here we will guide you, step by step how to Migrate Mailbox from One Exchange Server to Another Exchange Server. But before discuss the procedure of Exchange Server Migration; we’ll know the features of MS Exchange 2010 over 2003, and the key reasons why we do need to migrate the Public Folders of Exchange Server 2003 to 2010.
So first we start with its features, let’s check it-
Features of MS Exchange 2003:
This version of Microsoft Exchange has enhanced disaster recovery, and letting administrators to bring server online rapidly.
This version has the ability to drop inbound e-mail before being fully processed.
Exchange 2003 has enhanced message and mailbox management tools.
It has also added several basic filtering methods such as Intelligent Message filter, Sender ID filtering, Connection filtering, and Recipient filtering.
Features of MS Exchange 2010:
MS Exchange 2010 has many new features like:
DAG(Database Availability Group) which provides database level high availability and accessibility.
CAS(Client Access Server) availability is provided by using CAS arrays.
RPC Client Access, this service facilitates all Outlook clients to access their mailbox database.
Personal Archive feature is available.
Exchange Server 2010 has also added ‘Shadow Redundancy’ feature which protects e-mails messages while they are in transit.
Here are some common reasons when we need to do the migration of public folders in Exchange Server –
- First, sometime it can be seen that clients Outlook versions are not upgraded. So the Outlook 2003 and previous versions require a Public Folder database for storing and distributing the data.
- Secondly, some third party applications require public folders to work.
So, to fix the limitations of previous Outlook versions, we migrate public folders in Exchange Server. Here is the method to migrate private folders which is divided into two steps,
- Copying Exchange 2003 public folders to Exchange 2010, and
- Moving Exchange 2003 public folders to Exchange Server 2010.
Step 1 : Firstly, copy Exchange 2003 Public Folders to Exchange 2010, then
Add the Exchange 2010 server as Public Folder in collaboration with Exchange 2003 server Public Folders and execute the following command:
From the Exchange 2010 server: .\AddReplicaToPFRecursive.ps1 -server “Exchange 2010 Server” -TopPublicFolder “\” -ServerToAdd “Exchange 2010 Server”
# If you want to migrate multiple public folders into MS Exchange 2010 server. Then repeat the above command to all of them.
Now, by using the Exchange 2003 System Manager, copy the Exchange 2003 Public Folder hierarchy & content to Exchange 2010 server. And then execute the following command:
From the Exchange 2010 server: Update-PublicFolderHierarchy -Server “Exchange 2010 Server”
Step 2 : Now move all replicas from Exchange 2003 to Exchange 2010 through “move all replicas” which actually eliminate the Exchange 2003 replicas.
To move all Exchange 2003 replicas to Exchange 2010, this will essentially eliminate the Exchange 2003 replicas. Execute the following command:
From the Exchange 2010 server: .\MoveAllReplicas.ps1 -Server “Exchange 2003 Server” -NewServer “Exchange 2010 Server”
However, in some drastic situation if you find that the migration of public folders between the Exchange 2003 and 2010 is not possible, it may be due to the corruption or damage of public folders. To get rid of this situation, a third party software can be used to prevent the data lose. Here to see the most prominent Exchange recovery software which not only recover Exchange user’s mailbox & data but also repair damaged EDB files and corrupted Mailboxes. You just try the Free Version to Get the Results.