A MDB database is a file that is used to store a large amount of data and the manipulation in the stored data and information according to the requirements is called database management system. This database management includes managing, storing, and organizing a large amount of data. This data can be edited or modified whenever required.
Microsoft Access is software which helps you to manage complex data and data with frequently undergoes changes. Because of handling large amounts of data and their frequently changes data the MDB file can be corrupt. When you are faced with an unrecognized database format error or face problems in opening an Access database you can be sure that there is some corruption occurred in the MDB Access database system. If you don’t recover corrupted data it can be reach up to that levels where it is not possible to fix the corruption and recover all the data. There are a few ways in which you can repair corrupt MDB database so you can prevent your data from loss or loss can be minimized.
- You can take back up of all your MDB dates. This backup is independent from your previous backups so you can assure that you have a copy of all the uncorrupt data so that in combination with the other backups.
- Rename the backup file.
- Now rename the corrupt MDB file which indicates it’s a corrupt version.
- Now you can You can backup the mdb file copying this file to another folder, or can copy the file to backup media such as a writable CD-ROM, zip disk or tape drive
- If your recovered MDB data is also corrupted because of incorrect configuration or due to faulty media; in this case you can use powerful third-party solutions like Advanced Access Repair software to repair your MDB Access database. This software’s can quickly scan the files, even from faulty media corruption folders and identify the corrupt parts then repair and restore them from the corrupt files.
- Fr this first Check the ‘Date Modified’ of the backup file to determine when it was last accessed or opened. Now go to Microsoft Explorer or My Computer, right click on the mdb file and choose the ‘properties’. Here you can see a ‘Modified’ date. This is the date when your MDB database file was accessed. This indicate how old the backup is
- Microsoft Access provides you a very easy solution to fix most corrupted MDB database Access files. The Compact and Repair tool can easily repair corrupt objects also fix corrupt indexes. You have to follow this steps:-
- Close the current database.
- Go to the Tools menu, point to Database Utilities, and the option click Repair Database.
- Now specify the name and location of the database you want to repair, and click Repair.
- Now create a clean database from the recovered file.
- You can use Jet Comp repair utility to recover corrupt MDB database. Even it can repair those data which can not be repaired or recovered from the compact and repair utility tool. You can easily download Jet comp repair utility from Microsoft download center.
If you are not comfortable with above process, i strongly recommend you to try third party application. With the help of this application you can repair your data in just few clicks. Go through free version to repair access database.