Quickbooks software is one of the famous accounting software around the world. Other then while it does not work properly, it makes an error and then it seems to be so difficult to deal with it. There can be some main reason behind errors in QuickBooks software such as networking issues, corrupted data files, running an old edition of the software, improper installation of the software, firewall issues, and so on. Each and every users must always have a on a daily basis backup of a QuickBooks data file. After that when your data becomes corrupted or showing any error during to open it, then you can restores all the data from the earlier day’s backup. Everyone knows the importance of backing up your financial data.
Error maseges :When you access the Quickbooks company file, then you will see the error messages such a “QuickBooks is attempting to open this Company file. Before you can open the company file from your computer you must first open the company file on the computer where the company file is located. (-6177, 0)”. When error points out that QuickBooks could not follow the path to open the company file, that’s the reason behind the error.
How to get rid from this problem: Here are available some method to resolve the problem. It is possible that the first method is resolve your issues, in other condition if that mehod is not works then you can try another methods. You shuold have to try these methods , it will help you .
Method 1: Move the file to the local hard drive:
- First go to the file from server to local C drive.
- Open the file in QuickBooks from the C drive.
- Need to create portable file: Follow these steps
- Launch QuickBooks and select Create Copy.
- Now select Portable company file from the File menu and click
- Click the Save in drop-down arrow and select C drive to save it.
- Click Save and OK two times. The file will be saved with the *.QBM extension.
- Now close the company file.
- Restore the portable file: Follow these steps to restore the portable file
- Start the QuickBooks and Select Open or Restore Company file from the file menu.
- Now choose Restore a portable file (.QBM) option and then click the Next
- In the Open Portable Company File window, choose your portable company file saved to the C drive and click Open button.
- Now you can open the file and stores the data in this file where do you want to restores the file, Now DON’T need to overwrite your existing company file. You can rename the file in the next window.
- Now click on Next.
- Click the Save in drop-down arrow and choose location server to save it.
- Change the file name as necessary.
- Click on save button to complete the restoring of QuickBooks portable file.
- In Most of the cases, this method easily resolves the error. If you do not get any result then try to the next method.
Method 2: Resolve Error -6177, 0 manually:
- Go to the system that store Quickbook company
- Delete the network Description file which is automatically open
- Open the folder that contain QuickBooks company file.
- Set the file with .ND extension
- Right click on .ND file then click delete
- Arrange the QuickBooks database server manager: Follow the step for configure it.
- In your system click start button and select Programs in the QuickBooks select QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
- Click Scan Folders tab then click the Add folder
- Locate the folder that contain QuickBooks company file and click ok. If you didn’t find the file, then select entire disk.
- Click Scan And it display will indicate which folders are being scanned.
- At last click Close while the scanning process is complete.
- Let’s check the company files access permissions: Make sure the QBDataServiceUserXX has full access to the folder where the company file is stored.
- At last open the system whereas the error message was displayed
Method 3: Be sure your version of QuickBooks is updated to the latest release:
- Open the Update to the Latest Release web page and select your product.
- And follow the instructions of Automatic Updates or Manual Updates to update the product.
Method 4: Run QuickBooks Recovery Software
If the above methods do not resolve the issue, then try Stellar Phoenix Recovery for QuickBooks software. It is an advanced utility that can easily resolve these types of errors in QuickBooks file. First download the demo version of the software and try to repair your file. If it displays the data of QuickBooks file in its preview, then it means your file has been repaired and to save the recovered data you need to activate the full version of the software.
From any other issues if these above methods are not works properly. Then you can try this efficient Quick book recovery software. This is advance applications which helps you in the quick way and also have surety of its working.
QuickBooks Recovery software is strategically designed repair and restores damaged or corrupt QBW files. It helps you to get all the important accounting and financial data back. With QuickBooks Recovery tool it is possible to get all the inaccessible but important data of your business/work such as transactions, Employees, Customers, Vendors and services. This software has efficient and powerful algorithm to restore corrupt or damaged QBW files back quickly. QuickBooks Recovery software supports all QuickBooks editions from 2014 to quick book edition of 2007. It also recovers QBW databases from different editions such as like QuickBooks pro, Premier, Simple Start and Enterprise editions.
It is very easy to use quick book database recovery software to restore corrupt and damaged files. Steps of using this software is mentioned below:-
- First ‘Select Files’ which you want to repair and restore.
- Now select “search file” option and find all QuickBooks files. Once your search is completed, double click on the file option and scan it.
- When Scanning is done, choose the files or data you want to recover. After getting the preview and click on “Recover” button.
- Now you have to choose your existing version of QuickBooks and repair QBW files. Now click on “Start” to begin the process.
- Once all repairing is done, then QuickBooks Recovery tool will restore all files on your computer or laptop. .
All QuickBooks database recovery software is Compatible with all Windows editions such as windows 8, windows 7, windows Vista, Server 2003, windows XP, and windows 2000.
These QuickBooks database recovery software has flowing features:-
- It Recover all type of Objects:- Enterprise Solutions 9.0, 8.0 and 7.0 of QuickBooks Recovery tool efficiently recovers and restore all QuickBooks objects such as Customers List, Item list, shipping method list, Vendor List, employee list, Customer Type List, Payment Method List, Shipping Method List, Class List, Payment Terms List, Budget, Timer List, , Price Level List , Sales Rep List, Job Type List, Sales Tax Code List and Chart of Accounts.
- It recovers all type of Transactions: – it is capable to perform recovery of all types of QuickBooks Transactions like Credit Card transactions, vendor bills, account beginning balances, vendor bill refunds, cash sales and refunds to customers, statement charge, estimates, invoices, deposit, general journal entries, item receipt, and many more.
- It Displays the Preview of Files to be recovered: – this software previews the damaged and corrupt data. So you can easily select those files you want to retrieve back.
- It Creates and Saves Reports: – for each repairing and recovery operation, this software generates a log report and saves its details as back up files. You can use this back up data for your future reference.
- User Friendly software: – this software is very easy to us. From installation to operation all process are done in few minutes. Without any complex technical knowledge you can easily use this software.
User can download this application from here: Free to Try